Troubleshooting - make sure you get the best results with urineFREE!
Don’t use other cleaning products!
• Never use chemical-based cleaners or deodorisers when treating urine stains. These coat & encapsulate the urine acid crystals making it difficult for urineFREE® to penetrate.
• If other products have been used prior to urineFREE, sponge out as much of the previous products as possible with clean water, air dry and then apply urineFREE.
• If you can pull back the carpet & treat the back of the carpet & the underlay and sub floor. This will speed up the process.
• If you can’t pull pack the carpet you will need to bleed the urine to the surface and that takes time, persistence & enough product.
Note: Often urine stains will become darker and the urine odour stronger on the first treatment. This is common. Repeat treatments until the odour vanishes and the colour lightens. In some cases the uric acid crystals can burn a carpet as indicated by leaving brown flecks in a carpet. This is irreversible without the aid of a professional carpet restorer.
Burn marks on carpet
Old urine stains that have not been removed or not removed correctly will have greater exposure to the urine and the acidity of the uric acid crystals. Unfortunately in some carpets & rugs, especially wool blends, the uric acid crystals can cause burn marks that look like a stain but have actually discoloured the carpet/rug. Please note this is irreversible. urineFREE will remove the urine and the in turn the urine smell but it can not remove burn marks. The same applies with urine burn marks on wood floors however unlike wood floors where you can sand back and return the wood the its original state, carpets do not have this option. This is why we encourage removing urine as soon as possible for all surfaces and using only a bio-enzymatic product such as urineFREE will remove the urine for good.
• Black spots on wood floors often indicate that the urine has had a chemical reaction with the wood.
• Treat these spots until the spots turn grey.
• Once the urine has been removed from the floor, if the grey spots are unacceptable sand back the spots to its original colour and re-varnish.
Using enough product for the job!
• Make sure you have enough urineFREE to do the job. If the urine stain is made by an animal and it has repeatedly returned to the same spot there could be a large accumulation of urine. urineFREE must come into contact with all the urine to do its job.
• urineFREE is not a spray and wipe product and requires dwell time to do its job.
To learn more about urineFREE and find tips to remove urine we suggest you visit our How to Use Instructions or our Frequently Asked Questions sections which includes information on Pet Urine / Urine Removal / Stain Removal / Odour Removal and Urine Detection.
If you have an urine odour or stain problem that hasn't been answered by these two information sources then please click contact us, tell us about your problem and our customer service staff will respond with possible solutions. To purchase urineFREE click on Shop Online or Find a Retailer.