How to remove old urine stains from a mattress?
- Use urineFREE Urine Detector to locate stains on the mattress.
- Saturate all stained areas with urineFREE. Ensure the surface is wet enough to allow urineFREE to soak deeply into affected areas on the mattress. You may see the stain become darker or the smell become stronger. This is common. This is the stain bleeding to the surface for removal.
- Allow to air dry. The biological removal of the urine deposits takes place during this drying time. This may be extended by the application of a non-porous cover such as plastic film for more effective results.
- When dry, apply a small amount of water to the area and blot it up with a paper towel to remove the remaining residue.
- Repeat entire process if necessary for particularly stubborn urine stains.
Note we recommend a different process for new urine stains on mattresses.
Never use cleaners, chemicals or deodorisers. These products tend to coat or encapsulate the uric acid crystals (the source of the odours) and make it difficult for urineFREE to penetrate. If you have used these products, try to remove as much of the products as possible with water and a clean cloth. Blot and allow to dry and then apply urineFREE.
Old urine stains that have not been removed or not removed correctly will have greater exposure to the urine and the acidity of the uric acid crystals. Unfortunately in some carpets, rugs & fabrics, especially wool blends, the uric acid crystals can cause burn marks that look like a stain but have actually discoloured the carpet/rug or fabric. Please note this is irreversible. urineFREE will remove the urine and the turn the urine smell but it can not remove burn marks.
This is why we encourage removing urine as soon as possible for all surfaces and using only a bio-enzymatic product such as urineFREE will remove the urine for good.
urineFREE “eats up” the uric acid
Some general cleaners can remove the water soluble components of urine (urea and urochrome) but leave behind the non-soluble uric acid crystals that retain the odour and stain. These crystals attach to surfaces and are very difficult to dislodge. Any humidity or dampness will trigger the dormant crystals bringing back the odour.
urineFREE’s bio-enzymatic formula “eats up’’ the uric acid crystals whilst removing the urea and urochrome components, eliminating both the urine stain AND the odour for good.
urineFREE is a powerful urine stain AND smell remover. It works on all types of urine, whether pet or human — guaranteed to work or your money back! Our product is 20% more concentrated than other products, and contains a bacteria that eats up the uric acid crystals, which are the main culprit when it comes to urine smells and stains.
We are a conscious business because we care. We care about the environment and your health, so our products are non-toxic and safe to use around your family and pets. They are also eco-friendly, septic tank safe, and won’t hurt the planet. Because we also care about our animal friends, our products are vegan and cruelty free.
Trust a product tried and tested by hundreds of happy customers. If you think urineFREE sounds too good to be true, read our reviews or contact our friendly customer service. If you’re not 100% happy with the product, we will give you your money back (guaranteed)!